Wednesday 18 November 2015

My New Best Friend Drama

Hello peeps! I dunno why I said that. That sounded weird. Anyway, today I am going to tell you all about the person who has caused the biggest amount of drama in my life. My best friend. Or at least very good friend. Due to me wanting to be all mysterious and basically refuse to give you too much info on who I am and where I live, I am going to give him a fake name. So let's call him Dave. And let's call our other friend Matt. This way it sounds more like a made up story instead of the truth. So no, these are not there real names.

So if you are a regular reader then you would know that I am repeating the year so I had to make new friends. I quickly became friends with Dave and Matt. The three of us were in almost every class together so naturally we talked a lot. I especially became good friends with Dave and we were in every class together. So it didn't take long for rumours to form about us being a couple. Rumours didn't affect me much as I was used to them in the past. It did affect him more than me. I guess it just didn't bug me cause I knew the truth. I had no feelings for him beyond friendship. And I was perfectly fine with that.

Then Matt had a party. Where everyone got a little drunk and yes, me and Dave got a bit cuddly but nothing happened beyond that. I was just a natural flirt when I drink. Okay, that is a lie. I am a flirt when I am sober too. But that isn't the point. So that was in half term. About a month ago. And straight after that I went to Israel. At the airport I get a message from a mutual friend asking me what happened at the party which confused me. Apparently in my two day absence more rumours had spread saying that I had slept with Dave. Which didn't happen. We didn't even kiss. Nothing. Of course no one believed me except for my really good friends.

But Dave didn't do anything to help the situation. He didn't deny anything and make jokes that to most people who didn't realise thought it was the truth. I also admitted to Matt that I nearly got with someone at a wedding in Israel and he told Dave who told me not to tell anyone. Which is weird I know.

Life continues as normal until Saturday night when me and my friend go out with some other friends. Long story short, I get super drunk and send a stupid message to Dave about sort of cheating on him or something. This was reference to an inside joke that he made when we talk to other people we are cheating even though we are not together. I don't remember the exact message. In fact I don't remember sending anything at all. And it was on Snapchat so I can't read back. He ignored me for three days. Longest we have ever gone without talking. I didn't understand why he was mad until my friend told me today. She told me what I had said to him (according to him), and realised that I had jokingly said I cheated on him or something. Anyway he reacted badly and now he hates my guts. In fact he is completely livid.

I still don't fully understand why though. I mean, I know it was a pretty shitty thing to say but I was incredibly drunk. I don't even remember saying it. I am surprised that I even managed to form proper sentences.And even if I had got with someone else, its not like I am actually cheating. I am single and allowed to hook up with whoever I want. He doesn't have the right to be mad.

Then Matt tells me that Dave told him everything including that I got with Dave at the party. To which I respond by saying that he was lying. Why would he tell him that when nothing happened? so yeah, I am a little mad at him for that as well as for overreacting to this whole stupid drunken message.

Right now he is still ignoring me and it looks like he will refuse to talk to me for a while.

So what should I do?

-Random Girl xx

No comments:

Post a Comment