Wednesday 28 January 2015

"The Accident"

Hey everyone! So today I am going to tell you a little more about myself. Especially something that has been going on recently. So just over 2 years ago I got into a ski accident. It was not my fault. Really. Anyone who knows me knows how accident prone I am. But this time I can actually blame someone else! But before that you need to know the events leading to "The Accident". 

The day before I had a massive panic attack on a red run when I was with a ski school. Really it was not pretty. I was in full blown tears. And what was even more embarrassing was that the rest of the ski group were all like 3 years younger than me. I was meant to be the cool one who was really good. But no. There I am crying like a 5 year old girl instead of a 15 year old one. What has this got to to with "The Accident"? Well this led to me skipping ski school the next day. Cause, how the hell was I gonna face those kids after my breakdown the day before. So instead me, my dad and my brother went skiing together in the afternoon. Lets just say my brother is not a great skier. Okay he sucks! So I continued by myself down the slope. Now your wrong if you think this is when it happened. Because it didn't. I actually made it down perfectly fine on my own. Eventually my dad and brother joined me. My brother and I were done for the day and just wanted to go back to the hotel and eat Pizza. Cause we were in Italy so of course that's what we wanted to do. But my dad wanted to go for another run without my brother so that he could actually ski faster than a snail. So what did I say? Well I guess you can see where this is going, So we went for another run with my dad just in front of me. And then..... BAM! An idiot Italian dude hit me going a gazillion miles an hour! Did I mention he was wearing a bright orange jumpsuit? BRIGHT ORANGE!! And then he got up and left. LEFT! he just left me there to catch hypothermia and die! Okay that's exaggerating. But still!

So at first I kind of just laid there. I think I was in shock. All that was going through my mind was, "WTF just happened"? That's when I noticed the blinding hot pain in my knee which was twisted in a slightly weird angle. My dad didn't know what happened yet as he was further ahead, so I was on my own. I couldn't move so I just waited wondering how the hell was I meant to get down the slope now? And out of nowhere a ski instructor came over when he realised what and happened and sent people to come and get me. May I also mention the fact that the ski instructor was hot? Like REALLY HOT! And he spoke perfect English. Oh did I not mention that the really hot ski instructor was Italian? That just made him even hotter! 

So an hour later I said goodbye to the hot Italian guy :( , and was taken down the slope. Not much happened after that and a lot of waiting. Four hours later I finally made it to the mini hospital. FOUR FREAKING HOURS LATER! There they put me in a cast after x-raying me despite the no broken bones and they sent me back to the hotel and told me to get checked out back home. At least that is what I think he said as it was all in Italian. So after that I had to hang out by myself for the rest of the week and then took a flight (where I took up three seats) home.

After a brace, months on crutches and physio it was finally all over. Or so we thought. 2 years later which was about 3 months ago I was suddenly in loads of pain again. So I got checked out and had an MRI but nothing showed up to explain the pain in my knee. So they suggested I have surgery to check it out. That is when they FINALLY found out that I had torn my ACL and another ligament in my knee from "The Accident"! It took 2 years of me being in pain before they figured it out. And I thought that they were meant to be clever. 

So about 9 weeks ago I had a major reconstruction surgery on my knee. Was the most painful thing I've ever had to go through in my life. Not even morphine helped. I didn't even get to enjoy the high because I was to busy being miserable. So after a torturous 6 weeks I was finally off crutches and the brace came off 2 weeks ago. Now I'm going through the lovely experience of physio. It is torture. They are forcing me to bend my knee at angles that I haven't done in 2 years and if not better in a week then they are apparently going to do another procedure of some sort which is gonna be even more torturous. Good news is that after all this I will finally have a leg that doesn't hurt anymore. Took them long enough! 

Now I am going to go and get tortured this afternoon at physio, so wish me luck!  And remember if you are going skiing anytime soon... Please watch out for an Italian in an orange jumpsuit! And if you do get hurt, hopefully you will get rescued by a hot instructor like I did!

- Random Girl xxx




















No comments:

Post a Comment