Thursday 31 March 2016

4am

So it's 4 am and I am wide awake. Why? Well I'm not really sure. Maybe it has to do with the fact that my whole body hurts from carrying massive trays for hours from the last two days at work. Every muscle in my body hurts. I also keep having nightmares about too many glasses to clean, missing cutlery and food orders going wrong. Clearly work has been too stressful or I have been there too much because it's even taken over my dreams. Which sucks cause I hate work. Not the concept of work. Just my job. Lately the managers have been really shitty and either micro managing us or completely leaving us alone. I don't really mind being left alone (though that means one less much needed person isn't doing any work) but the newbies need them to order them around and explain what to do. So guess what happens? I have to help give them small jobs and explain how it's done. But I always feel bad doing it cause I feel like I'm bossing them around to much when I don't have the right to. But the problem is no one else is helping them and if no one does they just stand there doing nothing when there is way to much to do. 

So the managers hate me and the newbies probably will soon. Though I hope not. Even though they are four years younger than me, they are still nice and sweet to talk to. Especially when us older works corrupt their poor innocent minds when we talk about drugs or how to relate a banana to a... Well you get the point.

The only bright side to work (other than the money of course) is that I have my boyfriend and my best friend working there with me. Or should I say suffering there with me. Work would suck much more without them. But seriously what are the managers doing? They have way too many staff on rainy days and too little staff on sunny days (like today where I took almost all the good out on my own. Ad let me tell you that is 300 people or more for the amount of hours I was there. 

Now that I have had my random middle of the night rant about work, maybe I can finally get some peace and sleep. Because my friends are coming over tomorrow who I haven't seen in months because they have been away at uni.

Goodnight (or morning or afternoon depending on when you are reading this).

-Random Girl xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment