Saturday 19 March 2016

Emotional Support

So if you are reading this and have read some of my other posts you might know that I recently got into a relationship for the first time in my life. Not a petty little year 9 relationship but a serious one. Sure 18 (now 19) was a bit late but oh well. Anyway back to the point. So I'm still new to a lot of things when it comes to being part of a couple and having a boyfriend. And in the last 24 hours I learnt a few new things that I thought I would share with you.

Last night I was just chilling at home with my boyfriend when mum comes home, ordering me around. I was already annoyed at her for being very controlling about my life so I stood up to her (for once). This led to a long argument that you don't really need to know the details (for now). So whilst I was arguing in the kitchen with mum I left my boyfriend in the sitting room. After arguing I basically broke down in front of him which was very embarrassing for me because he has never seen me cry. Not many people have. I was worried about what he would think of me. That I was pathetic. But instead he just spent the whole time holding me and comforting me. Just trying to make jokes to make me laugh. We had recently been saying "I love you" but it was the first time I actually knew for sure that I loved him. Hear I am a crying mess with a lot of family problems and he just tells me that he is annoyed because I still look cute when I'm crying and that he loves me. It was just such a strange concept for me to have that kind of level of support from someone when I was arguing with someone I was so close to. I said I was sorry he had to be there to witness my drama and he said he was glad that he was there so he could hold me and cheer me up.

Anyway, today he was working (at the same pub I do) and came back to mine briefly as it is practically next door to work. He was very mad because he has an awful day where the customers were rude and our boss was being a dick. And I just didn't know what to do other than listen to him rant about his day. And it sucked. I wanted to do more. To cheer him up. Make him feel happy. It was so strange to feel bad because he felt bad.  I felt awful that he had to go home (because it was late and he needed food and sleep) before I could do anything to make him feel better. I wanted to be there for him and didn't know how. It's not just a bad day at work. It has been a recurring thing and he isn't really sure what he is doing job wise right now.

I guess what I'm trying to say is emotionally supporting someone is one of the most amazing parts of being in a relationship. As cheesy as it sounds, being there for the bad parts is what matters. But it also sucks when you need to be there for someone and don't know how. 

-Random Girl xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment