Wednesday 1 April 2015

Family Favouritism

I freaking hate it here. Being at my grandmas sucks! And the only thing worse is that my cousin is here too. Frances and I have been competing for my grandmas attention our entire lives before we even knew it. It's not us that are actually competing. It's my grandmas favourtism that causes all the problems. It all began because the two of us are 5 days apart. And even as babies, my grandma had a favourite. And in case you hadn't noticed it's not me.

I heard a story that once my grandma and my mum went shopping. We had just arrived from Sailing in the Carribbean and I had no coats or jackets to keep me warm for the chilly British weather. By the way this was when I was about 2 years old. And every nice thing my mum found, my grandma took off her and said she was giving it to Frances. Who didn't need it by the way. Another time my grandma bought Frances a cute little onesie when we were babies and you know what I got? A devil costume. Literally. 

Ever since, without trying we have been I a competition for who has the best life. All I have heard for years from my grandma is-
"Frances is soo talented"
"Have you heard that Frances got excellent Grades"
"Frances did this amazing thing that one time" 
And blah blah blah.....
She constantly compared the two of us. And she never, ever talks about any of my accomplishments. Ever! Any time I try to tell her she just starts talking about Frances. It's horrible because I know I should be nice about my grandma as she is very old (97) and won't live much longer. But I'm just soo miserable here and it's only been an hour. I already feel like I wanna cry, and all I want to do is go home. I have no one to talk about this with either. 

My grandma also hasn't given me anything at all in 5 years. Do you know what she has given Frances in the last few weeks? A plane ticket, train tickets, paying her to visit, her university fees and a couple thousand pound piano!! I mean it's not about the money. It would just be nice to know that my grandma cared at all.. I mean even a card would have been nice! 

So let's hope I survive this stupid visit and hope that my grandma doesn't make too many comparisons between our lives. wish me luck! Can't wait for it to be over!

- Random Girl xx

No comments:

Post a Comment