Wednesday 8 April 2015

Feeling left out

Hey guys! So I am going to talk about the most amazing person I have ever known, my mum. Tonight she got upset, as she felt left out in a conversation or something that she was having with my dad and brother. I guess being a Colombian women, living in the English countryside, far away from her friends and family would make someone feel left out. Or in her words, an "alien". I then went outside when I found out she was upset. You see, I understand how she feels. It's actually one if the main reasons for this blog. I have always felt left out in life. When we travelled, I had no permanent friends. When I got sick, I couldn't play with the ones I did have. When I was at my old school, everyone were a lot more "grown up" than me. Well as grown up as a thirteen year old can get. And here, I almost feel more grown up than them half the time.

Yet, no matter how left out I have felt in my life, my mum is the one person who always made me feel like I belonged. She was my bestfriend when I had no one else. She cared for me when I was sick, leaving little time for herself. She taught me to be myself, even when everyone wanted me to blend in and be like them. No matter what she is and will always be there for me. If she is an alien, then I am her baby alien. And I hope she knows that I will be there for her too. She gives me the hope that one day, someday, I will find a place, or a group of people, or even a person that I fully belong with. She is my inspiration, and I love her with all my heart. 

At times in life, everyone will feel left out. But remember there is probably an alien around who feels the same way. Just have hope.

- Random Girl xx

No comments:

Post a Comment